Friday, December 21, 2007

Liard Hot Springs

I took my time on my 30 hour journey to Edmonton, so the trip didn't seem too bad. The best part of the journey is the stop at Liard Hot Springs in the middle of nowhere between Fort Nelson, BC, and Watson Lake, Yukon. I arrived at the springs under the cover of darkness, in -25 degree cold, with a half-full moon lighting up the snow-covered landscape. I had the whole place to myself, so I spent a good 2 hours floating around, au naturel, admiring the steam and feathery ice crystals surrounding the spring. Balneology at its finest.


2 comments:

.:stillmoon:. said...

Shouldn't that be 'ballneology' if you were au naturale? Or baldyneology? ;)

If you're in town and you want to ski, look me up!

Jeff

Dustin Rainey said...

I have happily engaged in both practices.