Wednesday, December 12, 2007

Realizations...

Jenny has commented that my blog is funny (mostly funny weird, with a little funny haha) because I jump from one topic to another with little chronological continuity. I am completely aware of this. I realize that my photos from Turkey are two years old, and I have yet to explain why I was there in the first place, but I will get to that eventually. I could talk about the endless string of cabs and occasional police visits to the condo across the street from our place, but that would get old quickly (and no, it is not a drug house). Instead, I post about interesting things that I've already done, but never had a chance to share.

She also mentioned that since we'll be getting married in about 2 weeks (!!!), I should give her a more formal introduction on the blog. I will keep with the theme of jumping around by presenting a short photo-essay on one of our early spring day hikes at Sheep Mountain from a year and a half ago. Sheep Mountain is above Kluane Lake, and the starting point for the journey up the Slims River to the Kaskawulsh Glacier (in my November archives). Snow on the aptly named Sheep Mountain's southward facing slope melts sooner than snow on the surrounding mountains, so Dall sheep spend a lot of time frolicking there during the spring migration.





1 comment:

Michelle @ The Parent Vortex said...

hi dustin

love your photos! and I ike the non-chronological presentation on your blog... it's interesting to see where you pop up next. :)

see you both in a couple of weeks!

M~