Sunday, March 2, 2008

I got crabs for my birthday

Well, I got 1 crab. And I gave it to myself. But it was a really big Alaskan King Crab! There is a seafood store in Whitehorse called "The Wharf on 4th" and once or twice a year, they get in a shipment of live King Crabs from Juneau, Alaska. The crabs were supposed to arrive last weekend (the weekend of my b-day) but ended up being delayed. That seemed to work out well though, because Jenny and I devoured the entire thing ourselves. And no, we didn't have to kill it. The fine folks at the Wharf killed and cleaned it, then gave us the legs to bring home and boil for 8 to 10 minutes. So tastey!



3 comments:

Tom said...

i would be very worried if genital crabs were that big....

Dustin Rainey said...

I would be very worried if anybody were capable of hosting crabs that big...

Vik said...

Happy Birthday! I'm a bit late, but that way you get to spread out the Birthday vibe for a bit longer!