Tuesday, September 23, 2008

One Bike, Any Trail

For the past two seasons, I have been riding my resurrected GT frame from 9 years past. It did a valiant job of getting me up and down Yukon singletrack, but eventually a crack developed, forcing me to retire it and move on to a new ride.


Most of the parts from the GT frame were still in good working order, so I only had to find a nice frame to hang everything on. In came the Turner 5 Spot. This bike is pretty amazing. I can climb better and descend faster than any bike I've ever had before. It is pretty much my dream bike and has been getting a lot of use during the past few weeks of spectacular fall colours. Turner is a boutique brand out of California, and they have been building top-end mountain bike frames for as long as mountain biking has been around. I had a couple of other options in mind (including a Canadian brand, Banshee, but my size was unavailable), but in the end this bike is a great match for the type of riding that I do. Plus, I've never owned a red bike before.


If you are curious to know what the trails are like where I live, then I suggest you download this magazine article to see what I get to ride.

No comments: